Saturday, January 3, 2009

Keep on the sunny side...


There are often many things about my life that are not very happy. Challenges I can't hardly bear, hopes that go unfulfilled, However, I am going to try very hard to keep on the sunny side of life. There is a little bluegrass song that goes like this...

There's a dark and a troubled side of life
There's a bright and a sunny side too
Though we meet with the darkness and strife
The sunny side we also may view

Keep on the sunny side always on the sunny side
Keep on the sunny side of life
It will help us every day it will brighten all our way
If we keep on the sunny side of life

Oh the storm and its fury broke today
Crushing hopes that we cherish so dear
The clouds and storm will in time pass away
The sun again will shine bright and clear

Let us greet with a song of hope each day
Though the moment be cloudy or fair
Let us trust in our Savior always
To keep us every one in His care

So with this little tune in my mind much throughout my days, I am working on trying to look at the good in people, places, situations, experiences, challenges, etc. If one doesn't try to look at things from a more hopeful and optimistic perspective you could nearly go nuts! Perspective is a very interesting thing, its all how you look at it. So... with this new year ahead of me... I am going to try to be a bit less negative, and a bit more on the sunny side. I am also going to get myself out of the rut of procrastination and also looking too far ahead. I will get done what I can get done today and stop putting things off, thinking "someday it will be easier." I will also stop waiting for the future to bring me happiness thinking "I will be happy when" ... and create happiness in each and every day.

1 comment:

  1. If I could, I would give you a world of sunshine.

    Hugs from Grandma

    ReplyDelete

lovely little notes