Monday, May 16, 2011

one day at a time....










I am working one day at a time to fight my depression.  I am on 3 new meds, all of which make me very sleepy, and none of which seem to be helping. Hopefully after a few more weeks of them in my system maybe I will start feeling better. I am trying to remember that just 6 weeks ago I was in the hospital ready to be done with it all, so I must be doing a bit better. I keep waiting to wake up in the morning and to feel like "me" again, and it just hasn't happened.  So I just keep pushing through the day, remembering that my boys need me, and no matter how blue I am feeling, they do not have a replacement mama, and I have to push through.  It is very hard and confusing to feel this way...I  am grateful for so many things in my life, and love my boys so much, and really want to be happy, so why can't I feel better..... I do not know why I am going through this depression and anxiety attacks, or why it has gotten so bad.  But I am pushing through the each day, trying to keep the days busy and full of things to do. 
We have had an open house for Caillou's preschool... Jasper really enjoyed getting to go and see his brother's school.  Jasper is so eager to go to school and ride the school bus like his big brother. 
We had a beach day, and a birthday, and Ollie went in the wading pool for the first time.  We went to the Wild Animal Park and saw butterflies, and  Jasper even caught a butterfly here at home.
I am trying to plan a busy summer, the movie theater will have free movies on Wednesdays, there is a fairy festival in June, and Jasper's b-day too.  The new Cars movies is opening up in June, that will make for a fun drive-in night.  My best friend, Aimee, is coming out from Utah to stay with me for a month.  I am really looking forward to that. I have already obtained a little roll out bed for her stay, and we have both begun fun money jars to fund our outings to the taco shop, and cup cakeries by the beach, and all the fun things we shall do. 
Well that is all for now, a little update, or perhaps, long ramble!

3 comments:

  1. Depression bites. I know, I've been there. Just hang on. It's got to get better. Right? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you are having to go through this battle with depression...I understand because I have been there and still take meds for it...I was wondering if you get counseling...I was in counseling for over a year...it done wonders for me....I will be praying that God will make you strong to fight the enemy...it is Satan who comes to kill and destroy...but,when we trust God...we already have victory and greater is he who is within us than he that is within the world. 1 John 4:4 Your wee ones are a blessing each time I come to visit...enjoy the company of your friend....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are going through this rough time. Been there, done that, don't really want the t-shirt!! I just want to echo what other's have said, that it does get better.

    Two years ago I became very depressed and was on meds as well. There had been a very significant life event involving my child with disabilities and I felt overwhelmed and incredibly sad and stressed. I got through it with good support from family, friends, and health professionals. It is pretty lousy when you're living through it, but it does get better. Just hang on and use whatever helpful resources you have available to you!

    ReplyDelete

lovely little notes