Saturday, April 23, 2011

Earth Day....


Here are a few pics of my backyard this year.  We are growing sunflowers along the back fence... from the seeds we collected from one of last years giant sunflowers.  Our onions and strawberries are doing very nicely.  Our peas are starting to really come along, and we have little things sprouting here and there everywhere.  Caillou went out and planted pumpkin seeds and checks them daily, waiting for his pumpkins to appear.  I had a hard time this year getting my seeds started and getting my garden going.  I really just did not feel like it, then again, as of recently  I didn't feel much like doing anything.  I am very glad my good friend and neighbor Christy kept giving me a kick in the butt, giving me seeds, and telling me to "go dig, go plant something"  because all though my yard is a bit messy, and there are lots of devilish weeds, it is nice to go out and pick a bucket of strawberries, and having a sunflower field in my backyard is a pretty sight to look forward too!

1 comment:

  1. Your garden looks great! It must be nice to have real dirt instead of the hard stuff we have.

    Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete

lovely little notes