This year was our first year handing out Valentines to classmates..... Caillou was very excited to make special little treat bags and cards for his class to share, and tremendously enthusiastic to show me all the valentines he recieved from his friends. Jasper and I made cupcakes and enjoyed some sweet treats while Caillou was in preschool. We delivered cupcakes and Valentine's to our friends at the taco shop, and ate a spicy dinner there too! Daddy is home for a few days and brought us some goodies and we in turn had some homemade 3 musketeers awaiting him!
Three Musketeers Bars....
- 3 cups granulated
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 bags milk chocolate chips (12−ounce bags)
How to make it
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar,
- corn syrup, water, and salt.
- Heat, stirring, to boiling, then continue to cook using a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and form peaks.
- Don't use a plastic bowl for this.
- When the sugar solution comes to 270 degrees F,or the soft−crack stage, remove from the heat and pour the mixture in thin streams into the egg whites, blending completely with a mixer set on low speed.
- Continue to mix until the candy begins to harden to the consistency of dough.
- This may take as long as 20 minutes. At this point add the semisweet chocolate chips.
- Remember that the candy must already be at the consistency of dough when you add the chocolate;
- The nougat will thicken no more after the chocolate is added.
- When the chocolate is thoroughly blended and the nougat has thickened,